Facial massage is a highly beneficial addition to your nightly skincare routine. With just 5-10 minutes of massage, you’ll release muscle tension, boost circulation, and firm your skin.
Massage also helps your skincare products penetrate deeper to give you a glowing complexion. Learn how to perform a DIY facial massage at home.
What You’ll Need
Before you start your facial massage, there are a few essentials to gather:
- FaceDoctor Rejuvenating Soap. The soap eliminates impurities and prevents the pores from clogging due to dead skin cells and bacteria.
- FaceDoctor Ultra Firming serum. Ultra Firming serum has a jojoba oil base. This helps your fingers to glide over, rather than drag or stretch, your skin.
- Gua sha blade or jade roller (optional). While you can use your fingertips, these tools are specially designed to stimulate the muscles under your skin to improve facial tone.
Step-by-Step DIY Facial Massage
Follow these simple steps for a more youthful, glowing complexion. Repeat each of the massage motions for 1-2 minutes.
1. Clean your hands and face
Always start with clean hands and face. Remove any makeup using a gentle makeup remover. Then, wash your face with FaceDoctor Rejuvenating Soap, creating a rich lather to remove impurities. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
2. Warm the product in your hands
Pump 2-3 shots of Ultra Firming serum into your hands and rub them together to warm the product before applying it to your face. The warmth helps the product penetrate more deeply into your skin.
3. Start at the lymph area
Applying gentle yet firm pressure to activate the facial muscles, start at your lymph nodes behind your ears and under your neck. Use wide clockwise circles, and glide your fingers from your lymph areas down towards your throat. This clears the lymphatic system and reduces puffiness.
4. Target the sides of your face
Use the tips of your index and middle fingers to gently knead the side of your face in circular motions. Start at the jawline and move up and out over the cheekbones.
5. Smooth your forehead
Press your fingertips to the center of your forehead between your eyes. Glide them up and outward toward the temples, against the direction of your wrinkles.
6. Take care around your eyes
The skin around your eyes is very delicate. Using only your ring finger, position the tips on either side of your nose. Run your fingertips away from your nose, up toward your temples.
Pinch along either side of your brow bone 4-6 times, starting at the bridge of your nose and moving outward.
7. Finish with your decolletage
Use light, vertical strokes to gently massage your chest and neck toward the jaw. This reactivates the lymphatic system to eliminate toxins.
Get Glowing Skin With FaceDoctor
FaceDoctor makes it easy to care for your skin and maintain a youthful complexion. Explore our full range of products to incorporate into your skincare and facial massage routine to experience the results for yourself.